Monday, February 7, 2011

Technical Difficulties...

So as a gift, my parents had my MacBook's memory upgraded to 4 GB. However, instead of making things better...it made things worse! I got lots of random freezes (there was no possible way to reproduce the freezes and it could happen within 5 minutes or an hour. The only way to speed up the process was to play The Sims 3) and the only improvement I noticed was much smoother performance with The Sims 3 before freezing (though loading times stayed the same length). I went back to the computer store to get it repaired and I just got it back today after nearly 2 weeks. Now the problems haven't completely disappeared, only lessened. After the first 3 or 4 hours the MacBook froze again when only Firefox and iTunes were open. Yeah...pretty annoying. At least the freezing is very rare though, and it's only happened with YouTube videos in Firefox so far.

I may buy The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff sometime this week. From what I've seen, it doesn't seem to be as good as the previous stuff packs but there's still some nice stuff. A stereo inside of a rock? So cool. Right now I'm in the process of restarting my sims game in Hanogi Port, a city kind of like Bridgeport except the former has much more space. Can't wait until I have a decent amount of sims moved in, it should be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment