Thursday, July 28, 2011

Consarn Those...Unicorns?!

A new patch came out to coincide with the release of The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff. It has a nice long list of fixes. Haven't downloaded it myself yet, I plan to install it when I get TLS (probably tomorrow).

But wait!

What's this? A huge chunk (possibly all) of coding related to Pets was included with the patch as well? Eyup. A ton of stuff we didn't know about the expansion is contained in the file DeltaBuild0.package. A full list of the new stuff can be read here: http://simsvip.com/?page_id=2538

My favourite things to come out of this:
-Ice cream trucks and vending machines? Awesome!
-Unicorns are the new "creature." Didn't see that coming, but I think they have potential, especially with their magical abilities. Funny thing is, if I didn't start watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic I probably would have reacted badly to this (seriously, that show is actually really good).
-The variety of small pets is easily the best the series has seen so far. Hedgehogs?! HECK YEAH
-Looks like there's new singing interactions for sims? 
-Country and RnB may be new radio stations.
-Sims have to actually ask permission to ride another sim's horse. It's the little things that make The Sims more believable.

Wait...so if unicorns are in this game, then that means we can create something similar to...


Looks like the exchange will become about 20% cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment