Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Where Have I Been?!

Ha! Did you think I'd actually go through the entire month of November without making a blog post?

The reason this time is because I was busy with final uni projects and then preparing for the trip home! And now I am home! Not to mention today there was some SNOW outside my window! Family, home-cooked meals, cold weather, my Wii games, my old room, and my quaint hometown. Not to mention Christmas is on the horizon. It feels so great to be back. I'll miss hanging out at the pool with all the friends I made down under, but hopefully it won't be only time I'm in Australia.

The stress of flying alone was nearly too much when I was at the Gold Coast airport, but thankfully an extremely nice woman working there waived me through all the queues without any hassle. Not sure if I would have made it in time without her as I got to the boarding gate only 5 minutes before boarding began. She was my hero that day. During my domestic flight transfer through Vancouver I was getting antsy. The line to check in was extremely long! Good thing my flight arrived half an hour early. Not to mention I was getting sick of getting on and off planes, it felt like I did twice as many flights as I actually did (three). At least I didn't have to do the whole security and the "do you have anything to declare" stuff when I landed in Toronto. All I had to do was claim my baggage and be greeted with big hugs from mom and dad!

An upside of the long flights though was that I got to watch a lot of movies. The first was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2. Funny thing is that I started watching it on the flight from Gold Coast to Auckland which was 2 hours and 38 minutes long. The movie was about 2 1/2 hours but since I listened to some music beforehand, the plane landed about 15 minutes before the end. Bellatrix was killed just as everything was switched off! It was worth it though, the music I listened to was an album from an alternative New Zealand-based band called The Earlybirds and it was amazing! I still got to watch the last 15 minutes of Deathly Hallows on the next flight. They had ALL of the movies! I watched parts of the Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. The lead actors were only kids back then!

Other movies I watched included Captain America The First Avenger and Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch does not...well...suck as much as the critics says it does. Yes the story is a bit weird but everything else is great. Captain America was pretty good but I think Spider-Man 2 is still my favourite Marvel superhero movie. Hopefully The Avengers will change that next year even though Spider-Man's not in it.

Finally I can play Wii again! As a welcome back present to myself I bought Sonic Colors. Since that game is over a year old I grabbed it for only $20 at Wal-Mart! A steal considering how awesome the game is. I was playing through Aquarium Park last night and loving it, there hasn't been an underwater level in a main series title for a long time.

During my two day stopover in New Zealand (which was awesome) my 2008 MacBook, the first laptop I ever owned, died! The logic board fried. However, I've been planning to get an iMac regardless of what happened. Still deciding which one but it will probably be either the more expensive 21.5 inch or the cheaper of the 27 inch. Either way I'll have it upgraded to 8 GB of RAM. Hopefully with such an awesome and fast computer I can resume my Jump Birdy Jump Let's Play without sound syncing problems, wrap up Aussie Life, and maybe one or two surprises!

Arriving home!

No comments:

Post a Comment